Thursday, October 5, 2017

125th

I lifted my head up in a graceless act
The ads on the subway blurred out instantly
Did it read "Casper"?
"Don't don't" I begged within
hoping they would roll back
the sense of a pair of eyes creeping
discomforted my misery
They didn't give up
and mine couldn't hold it any longer
At 125th, I won, am I stronger?
Today, I see a man
his head hung low
gripping the pole so strong
to magically render strength so lost
A wild swing, and he lifted his head
"Is it hazy?" I wondered
....but my eyes caught a tear
streaming to his ear
as if whispering "it's ok"
I swallowed a lump
and looked away
we both chose to give in
but may be
........just may be
we didn't give up




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wishful Cuts

Roza emphasized desperately, "such a shame..... such a waste of a good fit!!". Naimmin, in response, quoted a french philosopher,...