Saturday, October 24, 2015

Onion sort

Holding an Indian version of pita bread bites, I noticed the cottage cheese had turned a little less softer in the five minutes I took to get to that piecemeal, the last bite of the meal. I contemplated reheating those five pieces and wondered about the specificity of human desires- the right temperature, the perfect seasoning, the heat in the dish, the heat outside, the cold outside, the right sunshine, the right amount of stars, the breeze so fresh, the love so tender, the love so hard, the love so wrong, the love so strong, the one so close, the one so far.

That very day it all happened. The much-needed-to-be-forgotten drama settled in the deepest of the surfaces in my heart. It stayed calm but it was there. It warned me it could resurface. It wasn't overthrown by the trained confidence or the new found acceptance, it proudly negotiated the terms it pleased and chose to drive from the backseat. It knew what its doing. The smugness growing only to drive the rest and itself into an abyss.

Amidst this, I was extrapolating a mere suggestion into a story and lying to myself, I added all the flavor and the garnish to please. I lived few years ahead in five minutes that followed and rejected that future. I contrasted it with five years of the past and smirked. I weighted everything against perfection without giving imperfection a beautiful chance to prove me wrong.

This is what we've become, We've become the annoyance we can't handle, the discomfort we cause and reject all that is happening. The joke is on us however. We reject every possibility of the possible and demand chance to finally play out. We don't even want to give 'fluke' a chance. It has to be all fabricated and then surprise us? What it didn't rain when you wanted it to? How dare you (nature)! Granted that wish but its 'kinda' not what you specifically wanted and it should be ctrl-z-ed? Of course!

The settlement should be nullified, the love should be glorified, the green should be amplified and the happiness testified? I can't wait to lose!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wishful Cuts

Roza emphasized desperately, "such a shame..... such a waste of a good fit!!". Naimmin, in response, quoted a french philosopher,...