Sunday, April 5, 2015

The thing about "Knowing"

I am an Indian so I take pride for the wrong reasons like Satya Nadella becoming the CEO of Microsoft or over the alleged news that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were supposed to get married in Rajasthan, "India". I am also a yet-to-be MBA graduate, so that means I must take pride in knowing almost everything and try to be interested in knowing what I don't know. I am glad my MBA gives me the opportunity to travel abroad and understand where I really stand. In this journey I discovered that we aren't the only ones taking pride over the little we know.

Among the myriad things one must know nowadays to have a decent conversation or for that matter to sound smart is insane. One must know what North Kardashian wore while playing in the garden and must keep up with ( no not the Kardashians!) what Malala Yousafzai is doing this very second. I don't know either, so I am ignorant! However it's a much safer place to be. Among all the pseudo intellectuals Internet procreates every millisecond I stand last. I do take pride in that *Ting*!

I don't loathe internet, it's great for a zillion reasons but not for claiming your knowledge's worth. I understand competition to the extent that my parents wanted me to crack IIT JEE and then lowered their expectation to AIEEE and then settled for me attending MGIT. However I don't understand the competition wherein everybody is supposed to know everything. It's sad to see people around me develop an evolved taste for popular hobbies and match lack of interest with lack of knowledge. Along the same lines its disturbing to see pseudo concerns and pseudo contributions to grave causes. Internet allows that sarcastically and we buy it.

The new normal is different and it's all about being different. In other words Lady Gaga is the new normal, no wait I take that back...she is back to normal. Damn!

It's too much to keep up with and we instead of admitting to the inability of pacing upto it, we take a flight to the destination, in-cognizant of  the nuances of the beauty lined up along the road. However our previous generations are immune to this epidemic. I am glad to have mentors both in my work space and personal life who don't understand and celebrate the 'know-it-all' trend. I have the freedom to pick up the phone and ask the most dumbest questions in all seriousness to them without being judged and making them fall in love with me all over again.

If everything were to be this tamed then what about Wiz Khalifa! *Ting*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wishful Cuts

Roza emphasized desperately, "such a shame..... such a waste of a good fit!!". Naimmin, in response, quoted a french philosopher,...